Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/07 20:47:18 UTC

NetBeans on Chromebooks

Android Studio is coming to Chromebooks next year:
https://www.xda-developers.com/android-studio-chromebooks-chrome-os/

So... this means NetBeans should be able to run just as well.

I have a couple of Chromebooks but only the newer ones support the
Linux container capable of running an IDE.

Would be an interesting project to work on.

I guess we could also add it on the list for next year's Google Summer of Code.

--emi

Re: NetBeans on Chromebooks

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
At least in the US they use a lot Chromebooks in schools. So it would be
nice to have NetBeans available for learning.

--emi

AW: NetBeans on Chromebooks

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
Hey Emi,