Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com> on 2000/03/31 19:56:27 UTC

XSP and current upgrade problem

I just upgraded to 1.7.2 and am getting this error on all my XSP's I try to
access (which worked fine in 1.7):

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method normalize()V not found
    at org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.normalize(Compiled Code)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(Co
mpiled Code)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(Co
mpiled Code)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.preprocess
(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java:81)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPLogicsheet.apply(XSPLogicsheet.java:99)
    at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(Compiled Code)
    at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
    at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled Code)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:523)
    at
onnectionHandler.java:146)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:334
)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

any ideas??  i have removed the old xalan, xerces from my classpath and put
the jars that are distributed with Coccoon in their place...I also removed
the repository in case it was trying to use the old classes.

thanks,

Mike

Re: XSP and current upgrade problem

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Mike Engelhart wrote:

> Donald Ball wrote:
>
> > you know, i got this message too on one of my many machines; I downloaded
> > and xerces-1.0.3 and xalan-1.0.0 and put them two and cocoon at the very
> > very beginning of my classpath and the problem went away. the problem is,
> > of course, _something_ is putting DOM1 in front of DOM2.
> >
> > - donald
> >
> > On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Mike Engelhart wrote:
> >
> >> I just upgraded to 1.7.2 and am getting this error on all my XSP's I try to
> >> access (which worked fine in 1.7):
> >>
> >> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method normalize()V not found
> >> at org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.normalize(Compiled Code)
> >> at
> >> org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(Co
> >> mpiled Code)
> >> at
>
> Excellent.  Thank you.  That did the trick.   Is it the Sun XML parser that
> comes with Tomcat???

I dunno. Certainly not for any of my machines, I'm on jserv and anyway,
for some odd reason, I've never gotten the classpath right to compile
cocoon with support for the SunXMLParser; I always have to nuke that file
after updating my local source tree before running ant. Annoying, but not
lethally so.

- donald

Re: XSP and current upgrade problem

Posted by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.