Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by neilac333 <ch...@centechgroup.com> on 2007/03/13 00:10:46 UTC

Re: [OT] Tomcat 5.5.23 Will Not Unpackage Application

That is a good thought, but I have included all the Commons files in my WAR
file as you can see.  According to the documentation, Digester has a
dependency on Collections, and that JAR is in WEB-INF/lib
(commons-collections-3.1.jar).

Any other suggestions?

Neil

RE: Tomcat 5.5.23 Will Not Unpackage Application

Posted by neilac333 <ch...@centechgroup.com>.
I put commons-el.jar back in common/lib and removed the corresponding jar
from my WAR file.  I still got the same result.

FYI, here is the latest WAR file:

META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
index.html
index.xhtml
result.xhtml
WEB-INF/
WEB-INF/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/test/
WEB-INF/classes/test/PersonBean.class
WEB-INF/faces-config.xml
WEB-INF/web.xml
WEB-INF/lib/
WEB-INF/lib/jsf-facelets.jar
WEB-INF/lib/myfaces-api-1.1.5.jar
WEB-INF/lib/myfaces-impl-1.1.5.jar
WEB-INF/lib/tomahawk-1.1.3.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-codec-1.3.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-collections-3.1.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-digester-1.6.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-lang-2.1.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-validator-1.3.1.jar

I have also attached the file for your perusal.
http://www.nabble.com/file/7135/myfaces.war myfaces.war
Neil

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: neilac333 [mailto:chaudhurin@centechgroup.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat 5.5.23 Will Not Unpackage Application
>
> I did, however, find commons-el.jar in common/lib.
> I removed it, but I continue to get the same result.

Don't remove things from common/lib - Tomcat itself needs what's in
there.  Remove duplicate classes and jars from your webapp instead.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

RE: Tomcat 5.5.23 Will Not Unpackage Application

Posted by neilac333 <ch...@centechgroup.com>.
There is nothing in shared/lib.  I did, however, find commons-el.jar in
common/lib.  I removed it, but I continue to get the same result.

Here are the remaining contents of common/lib:

commons-logging.jar
jasper-compiler-jdt.jar
jasper-compiler.jar
jasper-runtime.jar
jsp-api.jar
log4j-1.2.14.jar
naming-factory-dbcp.jar
naming-factory.jar
naming-resources.jar
servlet-api.jar

Off the top of your head, do you know any others I should consider removing?

Neil

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.