Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Hecking, Dirck J" <Di...@rsco.com> on 2001/06/21 01:34:38 UTC

Maintaining a session with Apache Soap

People,

I am about to embark upon sessions with Soap. I have looked at the exampes
on this topic and have come up with the following understanding. Please
correct me if I am wrong.

I have built 22 services with 2 methods in each. These services are
represented in my code as java classes that use other java classes to do
their bidding. The service class basically is there to provide an interface
into the real java class functionality. If I want to maintain a session
across multiple connections to my service objects I must deploy them with
'Session' rather than 'Application' as the scope attribute. The other piece
of the puzzle is that the consumer object must keep the call object alive.
If the call object, that is requesting access to the methods my service
classes provide, dies ... so does the concept of a session. Right?

-Dirck

DISCLAIMER

Notice Regarding Entry of Orders and Instructions:

Please do not transmit orders and/or instructions regarding your Robertson Stephens account(s) by e-mail. Orders and/or instructions transmitted by e-mail will not be accepted by Robertson Stephens, and Robertson Stephens will not be responsible for carrying out such orders and/or instructions.

Notice Regarding Privacy and Confidentiality:

Robertson Stephens reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all e-mail communications sent and/or received by its employees.

RE: Maintaining a session with Apache Soap

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Dirck,

It's actually the SOAPHTTPConnection that is responsible for maintaining the
session from the client-side. You should be able to set the
SOAPHTTPConnection as the SOAPTransport of any Call you wish.

Thanks,
-Matt

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Dirck,