Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Denise Howard <dh...@pgp.com> on 2004/09/29 07:00:53 UTC

Can't run my Axis client app from command line

Has anybody tried to run Salesforce's Quickstart sample application?  It's a
simple, pure-Java command-line Axis client.

I am able to build and run it just fine within Eclipse, but if I export
Quickstart.jar (ensuring that Quickstart is specified as the main class in
the manifest) and try to run from a command line, all I get is
NoClassDefFoundError on AxisFault.  This is my invocation:

java -cp $AXIS_CLASSPATH -jar Quickstart.jar

AXIS_CLASSPATH looks like this (I'm on Mac OS X, so AXIS_HOME is
/Library/WebObjects/Extensions):

/Library/WebObjects/Extensions/activation.jar:/Library/WebObjects/Extensions
/avalon-framework-4.1.2.jar:/Library/WebObjects/Extensions/axis-ant.jar:/Lib
rary/WebObjects/Extensions/axis.jar:/Library/WebObjects/Extensions/commons-d
iscovery.jar:/Library/WebObjects/Extensions/commons-logging.jar:/Library/Web
Objects/Extensions/jaxrpc.jar:/Library/WebObjects/Extensions/log4j-1.2.8.jar
:/Library/WebObjects/Extensions/logkit-1.0.1.jar:/Library/WebObjects/Extensi
ons/saaj.jar:/Library/WebObjects/Extensions/servlet.jar:/Library/WebObjects/
Extensions/wsdl4j.jar

As you can see, that's all the Axis jars.  So why aren't the Axis classes
being found?

Denise

This message could have been secured by PGP Universal. To secure
future messages from this sender, please click this link:

https://keys.pgp.com/b/b.e?r=axis-user@ws.apache.org