Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2010/09/25 20:16:42 UTC

New IANA port for CouchDB SSL

Hey,

Someone, somewhere, at some time, asked me to make another IANA port request for CouchDB HTTPS connections. Note, connections. We only need this if clients will be connecting to a machine that is hosting a CouchDB server with an HTTPS interface. Is this something we still need, or did I get the wrong end of the stick?

Re: New IANA port for CouchDB SSL

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Someone, somewhere, at some time, asked me to make another IANA port request for CouchDB HTTPS connections. Note, connections. We only need this if clients will be connecting to a machine that is hosting a CouchDB server with an HTTPS interface. Is this something we still need, or did I get the wrong end of the stick?

Looks like I was wrong about being wrong and we do actually support
accepting SSL connections. Wiki docs are here:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/How_to_enable_SSL

So feel free to embark upon your IANA journey.