Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by György Dózsa <do...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/02 11:49:40 UTC

Re: Cassandra uses more memory than Xmx

Thank you, actually the mmap uses my memory. But is there a way to limit the
memory usage of mmap? Because the memory usage of Cassandra goes incredible
high (~7Gb on a 8Gb machine).

Thx
Dozsy

--
Üdv:
Gyuri

Re: Cassandra uses more memory than Xmx

Posted by Peter Schuller <pe...@infidyne.com>.
> Thank you, actually the mmap uses my memory. But is there a way to limit the
> memory usage of mmap? Because the memory usage of Cassandra goes incredible
> high (~7Gb on a 8Gb machine).

On 64 bit platforms you don't have to worry about the total virtual
memory size of the process. If you mean the resident in-memory size,
this is entirely up to the operating system to balance and the
application has no direct control over it.

--
/ Peter Schuller