Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by "Dickson, Matt MR" <ma...@defence.gov.au> on 2018/01/12 03:16:15 UTC

Accumulo Integration [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

UNOFFICIAL
I'm investigate integrating Accumulo as a backed to Impala.  At this point it is simply an idea and I'm interested to know if anything has been done to achieve this in the past/present?

If so, is the code open source?

If not, I'd be very keen to gain some detail on how this could be achieved or issues that prevent it being feasible.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Re: Accumulo Integration [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.
I agree that the HBase integration would be a reasonable starting point to
look at. The Kudu integration is also interesting because there are also
similarities and the integration is generally more optimised and
featureful.

I think the devil is in the details - like Jim mentioned, auth can be
tricky. And I think the amount of effort varies a lot depending on the
required level of performance and polish.

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.