Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/15 20:16:53 UTC

welcome app in trunk

Hey folks,

I tried building a server with welcome app with Tomcat in trunk and
ran into a few of problems (at least one of which I thought was
previously fixed). I'm getting these error when starting a server with
welcome app:
1) GERONIMO-5033 - there is a number of warning from Tomcat about
missing xsd/dtd files from servlet spec and possible from jsp spec (or
missing import somewhere)
2) java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.listener.DispatchListener - thought this
was already fixed
3) java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.catalina.startup.WebXml.configureContext(WebXml.java:1152)
- might be a separate problem or be caused by 1) or 2).

Is anybody else seeing these problems too? i thought the welcome app
used to work fine.

Jarek

Re: welcome app in trunk

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for clarifying it, Kevan !

--
Ivan

Re: welcome app in trunk

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: welcome app in trunk

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Ivan,

The patch looks good to me.  I had hoped that since deployment now
produces a packed jar file we could dispense with ArchiveCarMojo
entirely and just attach the car file to the project, but Ivan pointed
out to me on IRC that we still have to install the LICENSE and NOTICE
files.  It would be nice to use maven-remote-resources-plugin for that
but I don't have any idea how at the moment and it certainly doesn't
seem very high priority.

many thanks!  it is great to have this working!

david jencks

Re: welcome app in trunk

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, David: