Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vicki Brown <vl...@cfcl.com> on 2005/05/24 04:30:26 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: AuthType Digest

>Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 21:40:32 -0700
>To: users@httpd.apache.org
>From: Vicki Brown <vl...@cfcl.com>
>Subject: AuthType Digest
>
>I'm using Apache 1.3.33 on FreeBSD 4.7.
>I am trying to set up authenticated webdav.
>I assume I'm missing something simple and fundamental.
>What else do I need to know to use AuthType Digest?

Left out of (or at least well hidden in) the information I found that
discussed setting up webdav was the small but crucial fact that a digest
password file has a different format and must be created with htdigest, not
htpasswd.

'Twould have been nice if some of the folks who said "Its's better if you use
AuthType Digest" would have included that little tidbit in their writeups...

back online and running...
--
Vicki Brown          ZZZ
Journeyman Sourceror:  zz  |\     _,,,---,,_     Code, Docs, Process,

Re: [users@httpd] Re: AuthType Digest

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

On Mon, 23 May 2005, Vicki Brown wrote:

> Left out of (or at least well hidden in) the information I found that
> discussed setting up webdav was the small but crucial fact that a digest
> password file has a different format and must be created with htdigest, not
> htpasswd.
>
> 'Twould have been nice if some of the folks who said "Its's better if you use
> AuthType Digest" would have included that little tidbit in their writeups...

Any patches to

	http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.1/mod/mod_dav.html

or even a small page along the lines of "How to set up DAV' in the

	http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.1/howto/auth.html

style would be appreciated (see right colum on)

	http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.1/

And make sure you submit examples/better text relative to the XML files
in http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-docs-2.0 as the html is
generated from those.

Dw.