Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Murray Altheim <m....@open.ac.uk> on 2002/10/07 14:27:13 UTC

Use of "legal" URLs for accessing Xindice

Hi,

Wondering if anyone's had difficulties using the Xindice form of
URLs, where we have seemingly both a namespace identifier ("xmldb:")
and a protocol ("xindice:"). To my understanding this is not a legal
URL and Java throws a MalformedURLException when I attempt to create
one from it ("unknown protocol: xmldb").

Is there a way around this? Perhaps a way of addressing nodes in a
Collection via URL that doesn't run up against this problem?

I think the correct way to manage this is to create a URLStreamHandler
for the "xmldb:" protocol, but then there's still that pesky "xindice:"
waiting to be interpreted, and there's no provision in URL syntax for
layered protocols (unless this has been changed and I need to RTFM
again).

Thanks for any assistance,

Murray

Murray Altheim                  <http://kmi.open.ac.uk/people/murray/>
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK

      Stop the Bush-Cheney Reign of Terror:  no war in Iraq!
      2800 people dead in New York? 1 million in Iraq, about
      half a million of them children. Sanctions against Iraq
      include vaccines and even chlorine -- end the sanctions!
      http://www.globalissues.org/Geopolitics/MiddleEast/Iraq.asp

RE: UTF-8, XINDICE and Chinese - chars corrupted after storing in xindice

Posted by Trevor Leung <tr...@softhome.net>.
Hi,

Do anyone has solved this problem? I had the same problem on Linux for Chinese
Big5 characters, Thanks for help.

Trevor

Posted by KOZLOV Roman <r-...@opencascade.com>.
Hi,