Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2017/05/30 09:35:22 UTC

[HEADS UP] Merge aries util and util-r42

We are currently maintaining 2 different util bundles.
One seems to be working on OSGi 4.2 while the other one adds some 4.3.1
features.

As 4.2 is quite ancient now I propose we merge the two projects and only
provide a util bundle that works for >= 4.3.
I will provide the change in a PR for review.
Please speak up if there is a reason to keep the separation.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: [HEADS UP] Merge aries util and util-r42

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 I think this distinction is quite confusing. There might have been a
reason for it at the time, but right now I don't really see the point any
more.

Cheers,

David

Posted by Thomas Watson <tj...@us.ibm.com>.
+1 to merging the util bundle.

Tom

Christian Schneider <cs...@gmail.com> wrote on 05/30/2017 04:35:22
AM:

Posted by Thomas Watson <tj...@us.ibm.com>.
Another option is to update RecursiveBundleTracker to use the system
bundle context which will give it the same functionality as the composite
bundle support for the recursive bundle tracker when using Aries
Subsystems.  This way code that currently uses RecursiveBundleTracker can
remain unchanged and it will work on subsystems like it did for composite
bundles.

I know we have done this in order to get code to work on the Aries
subsystems implementation.  I can provide a fix for that to
RecursiveBundleTracker if we decide to do that instead.

Tom

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
Actually, we may want to completely remove the RecursiveBundleTracker ...

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [HEADS UP] Merge aries util and util-r42

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [HEADS UP] Merge aries util and util-r42

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

Posted by Dominik Przybysz <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I have added some comments to PR.

--
Pozdrawiam / Regards,
Dominik Przybysz

Re: [HEADS UP] Merge aries util and util-r42

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek