Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org> on 2021/08/19 16:20:26 UTC

[VOTE][Format] Clarify allowed value range for the Time types

Hello,

I would like to propose clarifying the allowed value range for the Time
types.  Specifically, I would propose that:

1) allowed values fall between 0 (included) and 86400 seconds
(excluded), adjusted for the time unit;

2) leap seconds cannot be represented (see above: 86400 is outside of
the range of allowed values).

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Accept the proposed clarification
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not accept the proposed clarification because...

My vote is +1.

If this proposal is accepted, I will submit a PR to enhance Schema.fbs
with additional comments.

Regards

Antoine.

Re: [VOTE][Format] Clarify allowed value range for the Time types

Posted by Fan Liya <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Micah Kornfield <em...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Keith Kraus <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Rok Mihevc <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jorge Cardoso Leitão <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by David Li <li...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Weston Pace <we...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.
Hello,

The vote carries with 8 +1 votes (of which 4 binding) and no -1 votes.

I will submit a PR soon to enhance Schema.fbs.

Regards

Antoine.