Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com> on 2020/05/01 09:28:14 UTC

OpenJDK 15 EA build 21 is now available

Hi Mark,

OpenJDK 15 EA build 21 is now available at http://jdk.java.net/15 *
*

  * These early-access , open-source builds are provided under the
      o GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath
        Exception <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
  * Features
      o Integrated in JDK 15
          + JEP 371: <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/371> Hidden Classes
          + JEP 372 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/372>: Remove the
            Nashorn JavaScript Engine
          + JEP 377 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/377>: ZGC: A Scalable
            Low-Latency Garbage Collector
          + JEP 378 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/378>: Text Blocks
      o JEPs targeted to JDK 15
          + JEP 379 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/379>: Shenandoah: A
            Low-Pause-Time Garbage Collector
  * Changes in recent builds that maybe of interest:
      o build 21
          + JDK-8242848
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8242848>: Improve
            performance of InflaterOutputStream.write()
          + JDK-8243574
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8243574>:
            java.lang.invoke.InvokerBytecodeGenerator.ClassData should
            be package-private
              # Reported by JaCoCo
      o build 20
          + JDK-8237890
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8237890>:
            DatagramPacket::getSocketAddress doesn't specify what
            happens if address or port are not set [1]
          + JDK-8228991
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8228991>: Obsolete
            -XX:UseAdaptiveGCBoundary [1]
          + JDK-8242141
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8242141>: New
            System Properties to configure the TLS signature schemes [1]
          + JDK-8172404
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8172404>: Tools
            should warn if weak algorithms are used before restricting them
          + JDK-8238195
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8238195>:
            Lookup::defineClass should link the class to match the
            specification
          + JDK-8238358
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8238358>:
            Implementation of JEP 371: Hidden Classes
          + JDK-8241749
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8241749>: Remove
            the Nashorn JavaScript Engine
          + JDK-8242260
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8242260>: Add
            forRemoval=true to already deprecated ContentSigner
          + JDK-
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8242008>8242008
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8242008>:
            SSLSession inconsistencies
              # Reported by Netty
      o build 19
          + JDK-8239594
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8239594>: The
            java.net.HttpClient does not override the protocols
            specified in the SSLContext default parameters [1]
          + JDK-8172680
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8172680>: SunJCE
            provider now supports SHA-3 based Hmac algorithms
          + JDK-8237474
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8237474>: Default
            SSLEngine should create in server role
          + JDK-8240877
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8240877>: NPE at
            javax.swing.text.html.FormView.appendBuffer with null option
            values
              # reported by JOSM

Project Loom Early-Access Builds - Build 15-loom+5-125 (2020/4/17)

  *

    These builds are intended for developers looking to "kick the tyres"
    and provide feedback on using the API or by sending bug reports.
    Warning: This build is based on an incomplete version of JDK 15
    <http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/15/>.

  * These early-access , open-source builds are provided under the
      o GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath
        Exception <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
  * Please send feedback via e-mail to loom-dev@openjdk.java.net
    <ma...@openjdk.java.net>. To send e-mail to this address
    you must first subscribe to the mailing list
    <http://mail.openjdk.java.net/mailman/listinfo/loom-dev>.

Rgds,Rory

[1] http://jdk.java.net/15/release-notes

--
Rgds, Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

Re: OpenJDK 15 EA build 21 is now available

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 02/05/2020 06:25, Martin Grigorov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 9:41 PM Martin Grigorov <mgrigorov@apache.org
> <ma...@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I think this is the same issue I had in Apache Wicket with the last
>     two builds of JDK 15.
>     I'll send more details tomorrow.
>     But I worked it around by using aQute 5.1-SNAPSHOT.

Confirmed. This is a bnd bug that has been fixed in the 5.1.0-SNAPSHOT.

> It has been fixed with:
> https://github.com/bndtools/bnd/issues/3903
> https://github.com/bndtools/bnd/commit/97eb299a8b4b3d1b199b30d98769136494e2469d#diff-8dd8393f6487d4e378e923003227cf57
>
> I don't see any recent improvements around
> aQute.bnd.ant.WrapTask.execute(WrapTask.java:122)
> (https://github.com/bndtools/bnd/commits/master/biz.aQute.bnd/src/aQute/bnd/ant/WrapTask.java)

The Ant wrapper is hiding the real exception. This is the same issues as
3903.

Thanks for the pointer. That really speed up finding and confirming the fix.

Mark

Re: OpenJDK 15 EA build 21 is now available

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 9:41 PM Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think this is the same issue I had in Apache Wicket with the last two
> builds of JDK 15.
> I'll send more details tomorrow.
> But I worked it around by using aQute 5.1-SNAPSHOT.

The problem is not exactly the same as in Wicket:

Caused by: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    at java.util.TreeMap.callMappingFunctionWithCheck (TreeMap.java:742)
    at java.util.TreeMap.computeIfAbsent (TreeMap.java:596)
    at aQute.bnd.osgi.Jar.putResource (Jar.java:337)
    at aQute.bnd.osgi.Jar$2.visitFile (Jar.java:252)
    at aQute.bnd.osgi.Jar$2.visitFile (Jar.java:227)
    at java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree (Files.java:2804)
    at aQute.bnd.osgi.Jar.buildFromDirectory (Jar.java:226)
    at aQute.bnd.osgi.Jar.<init> (Jar.java:128)
    at aQute.bnd.osgi.Jar.<init> (Jar.java:198)
    at aQute.bnd.osgi.Analyzer.addClasspath (Analyzer.java:2471)
    at aQute.bnd.maven.plugin.AbstractBndMavenPlugin.execute
(AbstractBndMavenPlugin.java:190)

It has been fixed with:
https://github.com/bndtools/bnd/issues/3903
https://github.com/bndtools/bnd/commit/97eb299a8b4b3d1b199b30d98769136494e2469d#diff-8dd8393f6487d4e378e923003227cf57

I don't see any recent improvements around
aQute.bnd.ant.WrapTask.execute(WrapTask.java:122) (
https://github.com/bndtools/bnd/commits/master/biz.aQute.bnd/src/aQute/bnd/ant/WrapTask.java
)

Martin

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.