Posted to user@whirr.apache.org by Paul Baclace <pa...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/24 21:20:34 UTC

Error connecting to session

I am using ubuntu server 11.04, slightly customized as my own ami.  I
sometimes (33%) see "Error connecting to session", stacktrace below.
This looks like:
     http://code.google.com/p/jclouds/issues/detail?id=244
which was "fixed" in 2010-05 by tweaking timeouts in jclouds.

So here is the question:  what tweaks can I do to properties of whirr or
jclouds that would make such timeouts rare?   And is there an
sshd_config setting that would help (I could make a new ami so it comes
up more tolerant.)

Thanks for your suggestions; I have a demo in 2 hours (!).

Paul

<< problem applying options to node(us-west-1/i-33333333):
org.jclouds.ssh.SshException: ubuntu@50.x.y.z:22: Error connecting to
session.
     at org.jclouds.ssh.jsch.JschSshClient.propagate(JschSshClient.java:251)
     at org.jclouds.ssh.jsch.JschSshClient.connect(JschSshClient.java:205)
     at
org.jclouds.compute.callables.RunScriptOnNodeAsInitScriptUsingSsh.call(RunScriptOnNodeAsInitScriptUsingSsh.java:89)
     at
org.jclouds.compute.strategy.CustomizeNodeAndAddToGoodMapOrPutExceptionIntoBadMap.call(CustomizeNodeAndAddToGoodMapOrPutExceptionIntoBadMap.java:139)
     at
org.jclouds.compute.strategy.CustomizeNodeAndAddToGoodMapOrPutExceptionIntoBadMap.call(CustomizeNodeAndAddToGoodMapOrPutExceptionIntoBadMap.java:55)
     at
     at
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth fail
     at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:461)
     at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:154)
     at
org.jclouds.ssh.jsch.JschSshClient.newSession(JschSshClient.java:246)
     at org.jclouds.ssh.jsch.JschSshClient.connect(JschSshClient.java:185)
     ... 8 more

Re: Error connecting to session

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
Jclouds 1.1.1 and the upcoming Whirr 0.6.0 [1] release (now voting on
it) moved away from jsch and it's now using sshj [2].

By reading the jclouds issue description I don't see an easy
workaround but maybe Adrian can help.

You should probably upgrade but I don't know if this is an option for you now.

[1] RC1 - http://people.apache.org/~asavu/whirr-0.6.0-incubating-candidate-0/
[2] https://github.com/shikhar/sshj

Cheers,

-- Andrei Savu / andreisavu.ro