Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> on 2003/01/24 23:19:37 UTC

Release schedule

Hello everyone,

We started talking late last year about a release schedule.  We even
tagged some code as 1.2 alpha 1.  Then, we committed a big refactoring
(slated for 2.0) to HEAD.  Is anyone interested in getting a 1.2 release
out the door?  I seem to remember a major blocker for that was the
Base64 problem.

It seems we have several things on our plate for 2.0, and it won't be
done anytime soon.  The latest bug I created to house all the problems
with SimpleXmlRpcClient also needs to be 2.0 imho.  Our last release was
1.1 in March 2002.

I am unfamiliar with CVS branching, but I suggest we branch at the 1.2A1
tag and get ready for a 1.2 release.  What are the procedures for making
that release once we clean up the open requests?  Is there a beta period
in which we test it?  How?

Also, is anyone convinced we should just scrap 1.2 and go straight to 2.0?

I am willing to work on the Base64 problem before I put more time into
the refactoring if we are trying to get a release out the door.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks