Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Charles Earl <ch...@me.com> on 2011/10/26 23:34:03 UTC

Monte Carlo toolkits in Mahout?

I'm interested to learn if there is a general  monte carlo methods package that has been developed for Mahout or Hadoop. For example, having the capability of GNU scientific computing library. This might be off the machine learning focus of Mahout, but thought there might be overlap. Thanks.
Charles Earl

Re: Monte Carlo toolkits in Mahout?

Posted by Charles Earl <ch...@me.com>.
Thanks.
I have read R has some collab with Clodera. Is there a "mapreduce R" that is stable (apart from streaming).

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mathias Herberts <ma...@gmail.com>.
Option pricing can be done in plain MapReduce rather easily (for
example using jQuantLib), not sure there's room in Mahout for that.

Mathias.

Re: Monte Carlo toolkits in Mahout?

Posted by Charles Earl <ch...@me.com>.
Hi Ted,