Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris Bradfield <ch...@scribe.net> on 2004/09/25 21:53:51 UTC

Problem converting 2.64 bayes to 3.0 SQL

Hi all,

I have 3.0 up and running using SQL prefs/awl/bayes on a new server.
All works great - test messages work, sa-learn works, etc.  We are ready
to start migrating users off the old server.

My problem is in migrating my existing 2.64 bayes databases to to the
new SQL configuration on the new server.  sa-learn 2.64 doesn't have the
"--backup" option and "--import" on the bayes_toks and bayes_seen files
doesn't seem to have any effect.

How can I dump/export the 2.64 database into a form that 3.0 can import
into SQL?

Many thanks,

Chris

Re[2]: Problem converting 2.64 bayes to 3.0 SQL

Posted by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net>.
Hello Chris,

CB> Michael Parker wrote:
>>>How can I dump/export the 2.64 database into a form that 3.0 can import
>>>into SQL?
>>
>> The recommended upgrade procedure is documented in sql/README.bayes.
>> Here is the short version.
>> Upgrade your server to 3.0.

CB> Thanks, I did read that, but upgrading the server to 3.0 is not really
CB> an option.  What I was wondering is if anybody has come up with a way of
CB> porting the old data over to a new 3.0 server.

What if you were to
a) Install 2.64 onto some (any) third computer.
b) Copy the 2.64 database files to that third computer
c) Upgrade that third computer to 3.0, upgrading the database files
following the documented procedure,
d) Copy the now 3.0 database to the new server?

Worth a try?

Bob Menschel

Re: Problem converting 2.64 bayes to 3.0 SQL

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 02:59:33PM -0700, Chris Bradfield wrote:

> Thanks, I did read that, but upgrading the server to 3.0 is not really
> an option.  What I was wondering is if anybody has come up with a way of
> porting the old data over to a new 3.0 server.

It's possible, just takes time to write the script, feel free to
contact me off list if it's something you're interested in.

Michael

Re: Problem converting 2.64 bayes to 3.0 SQL

Posted by Chris Bradfield <ch...@scribe.net>.

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 12:53:51PM -0700, Chris Bradfield wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have 3.0 up and running using SQL prefs/awl/bayes on a new server.
> All works great - test messages work, sa-learn works, etc.  We are ready
> to start migrating users off the old server.
>
> My problem is in migrating my existing 2.64 bayes databases to to the
> new SQL configuration on the new server.  sa-learn 2.64 doesn't have the
> "--backup" option and "--import" on the bayes_toks and bayes_seen files
> doesn't seem to have any effect.
>
> How can I dump/export the 2.64 database into a form that 3.0 can import
> into SQL?

The recommended upgrade procedure is documented in sql/README.bayes.

Here is the short version.

Upgrade your server to 3.0.

Run sa-learn --sync on you old bayes DBM database.

Run sa-learn --backup on the old DBM database.

Switch your local.cf to SQL based bayes.

Run sa-learn --restore (NOT --import that is different) for each
backup file.

All done.

Michael