Posted to mime4j-dev@james.apache.org by Florent Georges <li...@fgeorges.org> on 2009/12/23 16:05:30 UTC

Parsing a multipart stream, without its headers

  Hi,

  I've just discovered mime4j.  I've looked for an answer in the
website, but maybe I'm just asking for the obvious, sorry about
that.

  I have a stream that represents the content of a multipart.
But the headers already have been consumed by the system.  In
particular, the Content-Type header is not there anymore.  So
when I use a MimeStreamParser, it does not recognize it as a
multipart, parses the headers of the first part, and tries to
analyze the whole stream using the Content-Type of the first part
(for instance text/html).

  Is there any way to parse such a stream, by providing the
already-parsed headers programmatically to the MIME stream
parser?

Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/

Re: Parsing a multipart stream, without its headers

Posted by Florent Georges <li...@fgeorges.org>.
Florent Georges wrote:

  Hi,

>   Is there any way to parse such a stream, by providing the
> already-parsed headers programmatically to the MIME stream
> parser?

  It seems I can use MimeTokenStream.parseHeadless() fot this
exact purpose, so I rewrote the message parsing to use a token
stream instead of a stream parser.

  Just out of curiosity, is there any reason why there is no
equivalent on the MimeStreamParser class?

Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/