Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/04 00:37:50 UTC

Any way to configure Ambari SSL unattended?

Hi all, I'm trying to automate the installation and configuration of Ambari,
but right now I'm stuck on configuring SSL.  The standard approach
using "ambari-server setup-security" requires interactive answering of
prompts.   I could use Expect, but that feels like a very brittle and dodgy
way of doing this.   Is there any better way?

Thanks,

Phil
~~~
This message optimized for indexing by NSA PRISM

Re: Any way to configure Ambari SSL unattended?

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.
Jorn:

OK, that did work.  It turns out, I wasn't seeing those options
because I had copy and pasted an older url into my script and was
accidentally installing Ambari 2.1.0, which apparently did not support
those switches.  I changed it to 2.4 and everything is good.

Thanks for the help!

Phil

This message optimized for indexing by NSA PRISM

Posted by Jorn Eilander <jo...@cannonfodder.nl>.
Hey Phil,

This is what my colleague fabricated yesterday with Ansible for our Ambari
unattended installation:

  - name: Ambari server SSL configuration

    shell: ambari-server setup-security -v --security-option=setup-https
--api-ssl=true --api-ssl-port={{ ssl_port }} --import-cert-path={{
cert_path }}/{{ cert_file }} --import-cert-alias={{ cert_alias }}
--import-key-path={{ private_key_path }}/{{ private_key }}
--pem-password={{ pass }}

I tested this yesterday and it works like a charm; Before running this task
he generated some self signed certificates (it's a DEV-environment);

Good luck, and let me know if it works :)

Jorn Eilander