Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Archie144 <mu...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/16 10:36:28 UTC

JFreeChart's legend is showing ### in pdf but same chart displays correctly in html

I m using fop 0.20.5 version.
I am having trouble in legends in JFreechart in pdf in Chinese language.
I am using JFreeChart and SVN to create chart.
        When I m creating same chart using same code in html I could see
legends of that font in Chinese letters but when I m generating JFreeChart
in pdf I m getting ##
        Characters in place of legends in JFreeChart, however I m getting
correct
Chinese character in domain and range axis titles.
        I want to use Arial Unicode MS as legends font , we are embedding
this font to show Chinese character in pdf for rest part of pdf report, but
I think this has nothing to do with JFreeChart because even before embedding
font I was getting correct Chinese character in domain and range axis but
problem is in legends in JFreeChart.
        My font's configuration file is as below:
<fonts>

</fonts>
        I m specifying font name as ARIALUNI for rest of pdf and it's
working correctly but not for legends.

        I have tried all possible ways by creating font using font metrics
file but did not get success and get below error when I try to specify
font
to legend using
legend.setItemFont(new Font(“ARIALUNI”,Font.Bold,12));
legend.setItemFont(new Font(“ARIALUNI”,Font.Bold,12));
        [ERROR] unknown font Dialog,normal,bold so defaulted font to any

Any ideas what how can I get Chinese text exactly in JFreeCharts’s
legend in pdf ?

http://old.nabble.com/file/p28900296/chart.jpg
http://old.nabble.com/file/p28900296/chart.jpg

Re: JFreeChart's legend is showing ### in pdf but same chart displays correctly in html

Posted by Archie144 <mu...@gmail.com>.

Archie144 wrote:

> I m using fop 0.20.5 version.
> I am having trouble in legends in JFreechart in pdf in Chinese language.
> I am using JFreeChart and SVN to create chart.
>         When I m creating same chart using same code in html I could see
> legends of that font in Chinese letters but when I m generating JFreeChart
> in pdf I m getting ##
>         Characters in place of legends in JFreeChart, however I m getting
> correct
> Chinese character in domain and range axis titles.
>         I want to use Arial Unicode MS as legends font , we are embedding
> this font to show Chinese character in pdf for rest part of pdf report,
> but
> I think this has nothing to do with JFreeChart because even before
> embedding
> font I was getting correct Chinese character in domain and range axis but
> problem is in legends in JFreeChart.
>         My font's configuration file is as below:
> <fonts>

> </fonts>
>         I m specifying font name as ARIALUNI for rest of pdf and it's
> working correctly but not for legends.
>
>         I have tried all possible ways by creating font using font metrics
> file but did not get success and get below error when I try to specify
> font
> to legend using
> legend.setItemFont(new Font(“ARIALUNI”,Font.Bold,12));
> legend.setItemFont(new Font(“ARIALUNI”,Font.Bold,12));
>         [ERROR] unknown font Dialog,normal,bold so defaulted font to any
>
> Any ideas what how can I get Chinese text exactly in JFreeCharts’s
> legend in pdf ?
>

>  http://old.nabble.com/file/p28900296/chart.jpg
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p28900296/chart.jpg

I got the solution ,
After adding new fint triplet called Dialog, it worked, fop user Chris had
suggested that.
      but this is strange.