Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by er...@eunet.at on 2000/06/02 18:36:13 UTC

Re: cocoon-users Digest 27 May 2000 13:00:26 -0000 Issue 153

Hi Guys,

    I am trying to start an application (c-proggi) from inside cocoon. It produces output (printf
to stdout) in XML form  that should be interpreted by cocoon.
How can I do it? Are there any examples out? I  could not find it so far.

Thanx a lot,

Ernst

Re: cocoon-users Digest 27 May 2000 13:00:26 -0000 Issue 153

Posted by Morten Primdahl <mo...@caput.com>.
Mjallo.

>     I am trying to start an application (c-proggi) from inside cocoon. It produces output (printf
> to stdout) in XML form  that should be interpreted by cocoon.
> How can I do it? Are there any examples out? I  could not find it so far.

I've never done it, but I guess you can execute the program
by using java.lang.Runtime and capture the output. You can
do this in eg. a getStream method in a producer. I'm
not sure what you're trying to accomplish, so I might be
way off.

Morten