Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Adrian Sutton <Ad...@Ephox.com> on 2003/06/06 00:15:50 UTC

RE: [httpclient] Q about how HttpClient handles "trust stores" in SSL, vs. how Axis does it

Any chance there was a change of JRE version in there?  Java 1.3 is more
strict than Java 1.4 in this case.  I know nothing of Axis but HttpClient
uses the default JSSE socket factory and sockets so it inherits whatever
restrictions the version of JSSE you have implements.  You can however use
your own socket factory.  There's a hot off the press SSL guide that's just
been written and is being reviewed for HttpClient, it's available in XML
form at http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=6644

HttpClient includes a example SocketFactory and TrustManager to avoid
problems with untrusted certs - so no, it doesn't nessecarily work out of
the box.

In your case it sounds like Axis has a corrupt keystore or similar problem
but is using a different keystore to the standard JSSE one.  That's pretty
much just a wild guess though.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton, Software Engineer
Ephox Corporation