Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Sengottiyan, Maha" <Ma...@trizetto.com> on 2001/05/31 21:33:49 UTC

java.lang.NosuchMethodError

I downloaded the XALAN 2.1.0 and tried the sample Apps. I found the
following problem with the transformation examples.

I tried the following java class, servlet and the JSP.

 1) UseStylesheetParam.java -- this works.
 2) UseStylesheetParamServlet.java -- this doesn't work.
 3) jspSample.jsp -- this doesn't work.

In the case of servlet and JSP I get the following runtime error.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
at org.apache.xpath.DOM2Helper.getLocalNameOfNode(DOM2Helper.java:326)
at org.apache.xalan.templates.TemplateList.getHead(TemplateList.java:471)

at
org.apache.xalan.templates.TemplateList.getTemplate(TemplateList.java:528)

at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.transformSelectedNodes(ElemForEach.ja
va:432)
at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemApplyTemplates.execute(ElemApplyTemplates.jav
a:193)
at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(Transform
erImpl.java:2251)
at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.applyTemplateToNode(Transformer
Impl.java:2134)
at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(TransformerImpl.j
ava:1246)
at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3070)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484) Stoping endpoint port="8080"
handler="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"
Stoping endpoint port="8081"
handler="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"

I am using the Tomcat to run my JSP and Servlet.

Could you please see why this error occurs only if run from JSP or servlet.

Maha Sengottiyan
The TriZetto Group, Inc.
Irving, TX - 75063
Email: maha.sengottiyan@TriZetto.com
Phone: 972-536-8236

Re: java.lang.NosuchMethodError

Posted by Padraig O'hIceadha <pa...@gradient.ie>.
Hi,

   It sounds like you have an old implementation of org.w3c.dom in your
classpath ahead of xerces/xalan. Check if you have an xml.jar or
parser.jar in your classpath. It sounds like you have an old
implementation of Node being loaded before the current version Xalan
requires.

       Regards,

           Padraig

Posted by Padraig O'hIceadha <pa...@gradient.ie>.
Hi again,

   I forgot to say that Tomcat 3.1 has a copy of xml.jar in its lib
directory that it needs which it loads first and cuases this error. You
may need to upgrade to at least Tomcat 3.2.2

   Regards,

       Padraig