Posted to user@poi.apache.org by zsousa <zi...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/14 13:35:05 UTC

Caught: javax.xml.stream.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider com.bea.xml.stream.EventFactory not found

Hi All, I am trying to read an .xlsx file, using Groovy but I keep on
gett8ing this message
Caught: javax.xml.stream.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider
com.bea.xml.stream.EventFactory not found

 XSSFWorkbook wb
 wb = new XSSFWorkbook("Workbook2.xls")

below is my Gradle dependencies

    // https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.poi/poi
    compile group: 'org.apache.poi', name: 'poi', version: '3.15'

    // https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.poi/poi-ooxml
    compile group: 'org.apache.poi', name: 'poi-ooxml', version: '3.15'

    // https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.poi/poi-ooxml-schemas
    compile group: 'org.apache.poi', name: 'poi-ooxml-schemas', version:
'3.15'

    compile(group: 'org.apache.poi', name : 'poi-ooxml', version: '3.15') {
        exclude group: 'stax', module: 'stax-api'
    }

Re: Caught: javax.xml.stream.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider com.bea.xml.stream.EventFactory not found

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

Then please try to not exclude the stax-api and see what happens.

Dominik.

Posted by zsousa <zi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

Are you trying to run the code on Android? If so then please note that
there are a few more problems when you try to make that work, see
https://github.com/centic9/poi-on-android/ for some pre-built shaded jar
which is adjusted to run as part of Android Apps.

If this is not on Android: which Java version do you use and does it work
if you remove the "exclude" of stax-api?

Dominik.