Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Abubakar Pasha <ab...@hotmail.com> on 2007/03/06 12:16:47 UTC

How to use Lenya with Struts and Velocity?

Hey everyone!

I intend to use Lenya as a CMS for my website which is developed using
Struts, Velocity, Hibernate etc. I have a few questions as follows:

1) Is it possible to configure lenya in such a way that we can generate
velocity files when we create new pages using its editors like Kupu and BXE?
What I mean to say is that my ultimate goal is to have velocity files
generated by lenya so that I can have them placed in my website repository
since we are using velocity as a view in our MVC framework. If this can
really happen then our integration effort will be very less.

2) Is it possible to customize lenya for email generation? I mean if we are
supposed to send out emails on different events such as submitting a page
for publication to the reviewer?

3) In the templates that we create for pages, is it possible to have include
files? For example we can include different files in JSP and Velocity. The
same way, can we have include files in our templates too?

4) Can we use Lenya to edit some configuration files such as
struts-config.xml in case of struts?

Thanks,

AB

Re: How to use Lenya with Struts and Velocity?

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
On 3/6/07, Abubakar Pasha <ab...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone!
>
> I intend to use Lenya as a CMS for my website which is developed using
> Struts, Velocity, Hibernate etc. I have a few questions as follows:
>
> 1) Is it possible to configure lenya in such a way that we can generate
> velocity files when we create new pages using its editors like Kupu and BXE?
> What I mean to say is that my ultimate goal is to have velocity files
> generated by lenya so that I can have them placed in my website repository
> since we are using velocity as a view in our MVC framework. If this can
> really happen then our integration effort will be very less.
>
> 2) Is it possible to customize lenya for email generation? I mean if we are
> supposed to send out emails on different events such as submitting a page
> for publication to the reviewer?

Yes, it is.  My organization has only done this for 1.2.4, following
the instructions at
http://lenya.zones.apache.org/docu/1_2_x/how-to/faq.html), but
http://lenya.zones.apache.org/docu/1_4/reference/notification.html
implies it is available for 1.4 as well.

For 1.2.4 we customized the following files in order to make the
messages and behavior what we were looking for:

notification.xconf
message2xslt.xsl
targets.xml
forms.css