Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2003/03/06 19:36:18 UTC

[Fwd: Resigning from Avalon chair]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Resigning from Avalon chair
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 11:34:22 +0100
From: Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>
To: pmc@avalon.apache.org

Dear Avalon friends,

  I'm writing to express my desire to resign from the position of Avalon
PMC chair.

These months have been very difficult for us, and I hope that my
contribution has helped Avalon in the process of reorganization, both as
a project and as a community.

As many have pointed out, I'm not a "true" Avaloner, and this is one of
the main reasons why I accepted to become chair. In this way the Avalon
community has passed the transition period with all core developers as
peers, during a "reincubation" phase.

 From the generally accepted roadmap to unification, from what I see on
the mailing lists, and the way we are now handling flames, it seems to
me that the initial period is over, and my job is done.

As I have pointed out when I received the mandate, I would not have
remained a day more than necessary, and I want to keep faith to that
commitment.

The PMC chairs have to be appointed by the board, so I'll ask the board
to do so in the next meeting that IIUC will take place on the 19th of
this month. I will propose for chair the person that we will have voted
on in these days, and personally propose Berin.

In the days that will separate us from the board resolution, I will work
closely with the proposed chair to make the transition as smooth as
possible.

I hope that my efforts have been of use, thank you all.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -