Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Maho NAKATA <ma...@apache.org> on 2012/01/09 12:19:02 UTC

FreeBSD port is now builds and working

Hi

FreeBSD port is now builds and working.
here is a port file:
MD5 (openoffice-3-devel.20120106.4.tar.gz) = 472688f408d5f3d4fa7f8f97c40fcafd
http://accc.riken.jp/maho/openoffice-3-devel.20120106.4.tar.gz

Thanks Pedro and all!
-- Nakata Maho http://accc.riken.jp/maho/ , JA OOO http://ja.openoffice.org/
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/nakatamaho/ ,GPG: http://accc.riken.jp/maho/maho.pgp.txt

Re: FreeBSD port is now builds and working

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
On 9 jan. 2012, at 17:57, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 6:19 AM, Maho NAKATA <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

>> FreeBSD port is now builds and working.
>> here is a port file:
>> MD5 (openoffice-3-devel.20120106.4.tar.gz) = 472688f408d5f3d4fa7f8f97c40fcafd
>> http://accc.riken.jp/maho/openoffice-3-devel.20120106.4.tar.gz
>>
>> Thanks Pedro and all!
>
> Congratulations!

Thank you indeed !

> Do you (or Pedro) want to draft a blog post on this?
>
> It might be worth describing the history of the OOo BSD port, and what
> your hopes for the future are.  Also, why you like the Apache license.
> If you can draft, I can help edit.

Dw

Re: FreeBSD port is now builds and working

Posted by Maho NAKATA <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Rob,

I kept silent until my commit to ports tree have been done.
And it's done.
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel/
May take a while to make it stabilize, but I'll send blog entry hopefully soon!
thanks
 Nakata Maho

From: Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>
Subject: Re: FreeBSD port is now builds and working
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 09:05:45 -0500

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

From: Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 11:57:09 -0500

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.
--- Lun 9/1/12, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> ha scritto:

> Very nice, thanks.
>
> Did you see the recent news also on the updated Mozilla
> license?  MPL2 now is fully compatible with ALv2:
>
> https://mpl.mozilla.org/2012/01/03/announcing-mpl-2-0/

Yes. I have to say that this is indeed a victory for the
Apache License: the MPL2 still keeps restrictions, but in
this process it got rid of many non-sense and has made
available a well balanced alternative to the traditional
(and ever more restricted) copyleft.

cheers,

Pedro.

Re: FreeBSD port is now builds and working

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi;
>
> --- Lun 9/1/12, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> ha scritto:
>>
>> Congratulations!
>>
>> Do you (or Pedro) want to draft a blog post on this?
>>
>> It might be worth describing the history of the OOo BSD
>> port, and what your hopes for the future are.  Also,
>> why you like the Apache license.
>

> Well, Maho-san is the man for the port history.
>
> Concerning the Apache license, we appreciate the extra
> freedom but it doesn't really have a deep difference for
> FreeBSD as a project. For us it's much more important the
> fact that OO is now under the umbrella of the Apache
> Foundation. FreeBSD and Apache work well together:
>
> http://freebsdfoundation.blogspot.com/2011/12/apache-software-foundation-testimonial.html

Very nice, thanks.

Did you see the recent news also on the updated Mozilla license?  MPL2
now is fully compatible with ALv2:

https://mpl.mozilla.org/2012/01/03/announcing-mpl-2-0/

Things are looking good for working with Apache!

-Rob

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.
Hi;

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 6:19 AM, Maho NAKATA <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> FreeBSD port is now builds and working.
> here is a port file:
> MD5 (openoffice-3-devel.20120106.4.tar.gz) = 472688f408d5f3d4fa7f8f97c40fcafd
> http://accc.riken.jp/maho/openoffice-3-devel.20120106.4.tar.gz
>
> Thanks Pedro and all!

Congratulations!

Re: R: FreeBSD port is now builds and working

Posted by Maho NAKATA <ch...@mac.com>.
Hi Pedro

thanks

> There are still some nice things to do but I will prefer to do
> it in the ports tree .. so I will test and send you updates :).

Yes, you may have lot of patches to Makefile and my patches...

thanks
 Nakata Maho

From: Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>
Subject: R: FreeBSD port is now builds and working