Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by todd tredeau <to...@wisernet.com> on 2002/02/07 04:25:21 UTC

[opinion] Re: Jetspeed for professional sites; Is it ready

I guess you guys miss the point... I think discussion is great, as long
as the purpose if for moving the product forward, adding needed input...
There is lots of great software out there. There are lots of great
programmers  from many countries with different perspectives.

1. You can suggest what you need (and can't write)
2. You can suggest / show what other people are doing and have done.
3. You can contribute, to improve the product, make suggestions, etc.

Jetspeed, is in reality truly what is great about the #1 Web Server in
the business, the combined minds of thousands (sometimes just dozens or
fewer) very hard working dedicated people. Open Source Software works...

Sometimes our thoughts are poor, disorganized (mine are) but here is
what I see (as a non programmer) that I MUST have for a 100% go... Keep
in mind, Jetspeed is a great idea, and it is a "work in progress", not a
debate..

I would like to see the following aspects addressed in Jetspeed, and am
willing to spend the time with willing programmers to get there.. are you?

    Configuration Routine (usually you have to write this last) as the
program changes to much and
    too fast... along these lines I have great ideas..

    Adding Content "portlets" at will...including;
            date content starts
            date content stops
            content creation (There are a number of nice xml publishing
packages out there, either write one or make a jetspeed modified version
of one) End Users can't do it.

    Calander, ya that would be cool, but.... how about somethiing really
cool, voting, yes, but again, I would like to take it a few steps
further.. who is up to the challenge?

    To demonstrate my committment to this project I run 2 portals 24 x
7, and work very hard to promote "good" software of all types.

Lets have fun

todd
waiting to work with programmers

Re: [opinion] Re: Jetspeed for professional sites; Is it ready

Posted by gilles Duchamp <gd...@zurban.com>.
merci Raphael de ton opinion sur Zurban.com    ;-)
alors on se voit un de ces jours ?
a+
    Gilles

Posted by Brendan O'Bra <pv...@hotmail.com>.
Glad you like it, I was actually a bit embarrased, as it (my customization)
could use some polish.

No real ISP stuff, aside from the integration of Webmail and community
content feeds.  I certainly look forward to the day when I actually have
something that is worth giving back :)  I still have alot of work to do.

Posted by todd tredeau <to...@wisernet.com>.

AW: [opinion] Re: Jetspeed for professional sites; Is it ready

Posted by Norman Schöneich <sc...@contentmedia.de>.
Hi,

we deployed a website based on Jetspeed at

http://www.igefa.de

For more information, contact us please.

Norman Schöneich

contentmedia AG

www.contentmedia.de
email   schoeneich@contentmedia.de

phone   +49.(0)40.413302.38
fax     +49.(0)40.413302.39

Rothenbaumchaussee 3
D-20148 Hamburg

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by Brendan O'Bra <pv...@hotmail.com>.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com>.
Hahaha, Giong Xi Fat Choi every one, wish you all luck, and happy life....

I like that.. i like you...(haha valentine day)..gift from me to
Jetspeed...love argument... (OO)

Cheers..

Frans

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>