Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Patrick Engel <en...@earthlink.net> on 2002/07/19 05:32:20 UTC

Additional information

Regarding the use of Tomcat with PWS and Win98, where can I find more
help?  Any help you can provide on this matter will be GREATLY
appreciated :-)

In particular, I have set the PWS localhost (via the Windows registry)
to be port 8080 (same as Tomcat).  Things work fine when I submit a jsp
via "http://localhost:8080/esk/index.html".  However, I get the
following error when I submit the same jsp via
"http://localhost/esk/index.html"

HTTP Error 405
405 Method Not Allowed

The method specified in the Request Line is not allowed for the resource
identified by the request. Please ensure that you have the proper MIME
type set up for the resource you are requesting.

Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists.

Thanks much,
Patrick Engel

RE: Additional information

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.
I don't think I can answer you question, but I do see two problems:

1) if tomcat and pws are configured to run on port 8080, then only one
   of them will actually run there at a given time.  so depending on the
   order you start pws and tomcat in will decide which is running on
   8080.  two applications can not run on the same port.

2) index.html isn't a jsp page, it's a static html page.  you haven't
   been doing jsp if the extension is html.

3) I don't know what the issue is with the 405 message exactly, but I'd
   tend to think that what the 405 is saying is that you can't post to
   an html page.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com

Regarding the use of Tomcat with PWS and Win98, where can I find more
help?  Any help you can provide on this matter will be GREATLY
appreciated :-)

In particular, I have set the PWS localhost (via the Windows registry)
to be port 8080 (same as Tomcat).  Things work fine when I submit a jsp
via "http://localhost:8080/esk/index.html".  However, I get the
following error when I submit the same jsp via
"http://localhost/esk/index.html"

HTTP Error 405
405 Method Not Allowed

The method specified in the Request Line is not allowed for the resource
identified by the request. Please ensure that you have the proper MIME
type set up for the resource you are requesting.

Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists.

Thanks much,
Patrick Engel

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>