Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org> on 2019/12/23 04:34:37 UTC

revised vote plan (was Re: [Vote] Xerces-J 2.12.1 release)

Hi all,
   I'm thinking to initiate a revised vote for 2.12.1 release, during early
January next year, due to an assumption that quite many people on Xerces
lists might be on holiday during this time.

I hope this would be fine.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 11:59 AM Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>    I'm requesting Xerces community to vote, to release Xerces-J 2.12.1
> version. This shall be a minor release, when compared to Xerces-J 2.12.0
> release.
>
> I've uploaded release candidates to
> dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/xerces/j/2.12.1 [1] for review.
>
> You can see that, there are two sets of packages, the main release built
> from the trunk [2] and a release built from the XML Schema 1.1 development
> branch [3]. The change summary is available here [4] in JIRA. 6 issues were
> resolved.
>
> Test results have been looking good, so I'd like to call an official vote
> now on the release.
>
> To start, here's my +1.
>
> Great work everyone.

Mukul Gandhi

Re: [REVISED VOTE]: Xerces-J 2.12.1 release

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Here's my +1.

Thanks again Mukul.

Happy New Year!

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Here's my +1.

[VOTE RESULTS]: Xerces-J 2.12.1 release

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org>.
Hi all,
   The vote to release Xerces-J 2.12.1 resulted in four +1 votes (all from
PMC members) and no other votes, as follows,

Michael Glavassevich
Scott Cantor
Gareth Reakes
Mukul Gandhi

The link of the voting results, is available in the archives at following
location, https://markmail.org/message/q5bv4xi7wwcwtfsg.

This release should become available on the mirror sites very soon.

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org>.
Hi all,
   This is a revised voting request to the Xerces XML community, to release
Xerces-J 2.12.1 version, since we could fix few more bugs after the first
release candidate was prepared.

I request Xerces XML community to vote, to release Xerces-J 2.12.1 version.
This shall be a minor Xerces-J release, when compared to Xerces-J 2.12.0
release.

I've uploaded the release candidate for the Xerces-J 2.12.1 version, to [1]
for review.

You could see that, there are two sets of packages, the main release built
from the trunk [2] and a release built from the XML Schema 1.1 development
branch [3]. The change summary is available here [4] in JIRA. 10 issues
were resolved.

My Xerces PGP key, is available at the locations [5]. Both the locations
mentioned at [5] contain identical keys.

Test results have been ok, so I'd like to call an official vote now on the
release.

To start, here's my +1.

Great work everyone.

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/xerces/j/2.12.1/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xerces/java/tags/Xerces-J_2_12_1/
[3]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xerces/java/tags/Xerces-J_2_12_1-xml-schema-1.1/
[4]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10520&styleName=Html&version=12346610
[5] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xerces/java/trunk/KEYS,

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xerces/java/branches/xml-schema-1.1-dev/KEYS

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 10:04 AM Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>    I'm thinking to initiate a revised vote for 2.12.1 release, during
> early January next year, due to an assumption that quite many people on
> Xerces lists might be on holiday during this time.
>
> I hope this would be fine.

Mukul Gandhi

[REVISED VOTE]: Xerces-J 2.12.1 release

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org>.
Hi all,
   This is a revised voting request to the Xerces XML community, to release
Xerces-J 2.12.1 version, since we could fix few more bugs after the first
release candidate was prepared.

I request Xerces XML community to vote, to release Xerces-J 2.12.1 version.
This shall be a minor Xerces-J release, when compared to Xerces-J 2.12.0
release.

I've uploaded the release candidate for the Xerces-J 2.12.1 version, to [1]
for review.

You could see that, there are two sets of packages, the main release built
from the trunk [2] and a release built from the XML Schema 1.1 development
branch [3]. The change summary is available here [4] in JIRA. 10 issues
were resolved.

My Xerces PGP key, is available at the locations [5]. Both the locations
mentioned at [5] contain identical keys.

Test results have been ok, so I'd like to call an official vote now on the
release.

To start, here's my +1.

Great work everyone.

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/xerces/j/2.12.1/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xerces/java/tags/Xerces-J_2_12_1/
[3]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xerces/java/tags/Xerces-J_2_12_1-xml-schema-1.1/
[4]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10520&styleName=Html&version=12346610
[5] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xerces/java/trunk/KEYS,

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xerces/java/branches/xml-schema-1.1-dev/KEYS

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 10:04 AM Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>    I'm thinking to initiate a revised vote for 2.12.1 release, during
> early January next year, due to an assumption that quite many people on
> Xerces lists might be on holiday during this time.
>
> I hope this would be fine.

Mukul Gandhi

Re: revised vote plan (was Re: [Vote] Xerces-J 2.12.1 release)

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org>.
Hi all,
    For the proposed xerces-j 2.12.1 release, I'm thinking to use following
JDK levels to make the builds and prepare the release candidate,
1) for build from trunk : JDK 1.3 (compiler source and target levels would
be 1.3)
2) for build from xsd 1.1 dev branch : JDK 1.4 (compiler source and target
levels would be 1.4)

The above JDK levels and compiler source/target levels are same as, for the
2.12.0 release.

From a user perspective, the jars/builds that would be released by 2.12.1
release, can be run fine by JRE versions 1.3 (the oldest we support. 1.3
for build from trunk, and 1.4 for build from xsd 1.1 dev branch) up to 13
(the latest we support).

For any concerns, please let us know.

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org>.
Hi all,
    For the proposed xerces-j 2.12.1 release, I'm thinking to use following
JDK levels to make the builds and prepare the release candidate,
1) for build from trunk : JDK 1.3 (compiler source and target levels would
be 1.3)
2) for build from xsd 1.1 dev branch : JDK 1.4 (compiler source and target
levels would be 1.4)

The above JDK levels and compiler source/target levels are same as, for the
2.12.0 release.

From a user perspective, the jars/builds that would be released by 2.12.1
release, can be run fine by JRE versions 1.3 (the oldest we support. 1.3
for build from trunk, and 1.4 for build from xsd 1.1 dev branch) up to 13
(the latest we support).

For any concerns, please let us know.

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 10:04 AM Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>    I'm thinking to initiate a revised vote for 2.12.1 release, during
> early January next year, due to an assumption that quite many people on
> Xerces lists might be on holiday during this time.
>
> I hope this would be fine.

Mukul Gandhi