Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Ryan Hendrickson <rh...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/29 17:06:34 UTC

AWS PutS3Object Inconsistent Logs vs Default Protocol

Hi all,
   If agreed upon, I don't mind putting the fix in, but it won't be til
Sunday or next week..

   The PutS3Object reports to provenance that it uses an HTTP url, when the
default for the S3 is actually HTTPS.  This makes it pretty misleading as
to what is happening.

    This is verified HTTPS via wireshark and a code review.

-Ryan

------  Notes -----

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=nifi.git;a=blob;f=nifi/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-aws-bundle/nifi-aws-processors/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/processors/aws/s3/PutS3Object.java;h=24c82dd036f68b6cc1ed1df39d9a89b4cf7c0555;hb=HEAD

171             final String url = "http://" + bucket + ".s3.amazonaws.com/"
+ key;\r
172             final long millis =
TimeUnit.NANOSECONDS.toMillis(System.nanoTime() - startNanos);\r
173             session.getProvenanceReporter().send(flowFile, url,
millis);\r

https://github.com/aws/aws-sdk-java/blob/8397ef2731c9ea57de1a529a2e3991eebb96b257/aws-java-sdk-core/src/main/java/com/amazonaws/ClientConfiguration.java

Lines 104-110:
 /**
* The protocol to use when connecting to Amazon Web Services.
* <p>
* The default configuration is to use HTTPS for all requests for increased
* security.
*/
private Protocol protocol = Protocol.HTTPS;

Re: AWS PutS3Object Inconsistent Logs vs Default Protocol

Posted by Ryan Hendrickson <rh...@gmail.com>.
Cool - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-797

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.