Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Benjamin Ernst <be...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/08 18:07:31 UTC

WS-SecurityPolicy: Problem with AsymmetricBinding: Not signed before encrypted

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with the WS-SecurityPolicy. My Policy only asserts that the
body is signed, but not encrypted. Sending signed messages is no problem,
but when I receive a signed message the following error appears:

  Caused by: org.apache.cxf.ws.policy.PolicyException: These policy
alternatives can not be satisfied:
  {
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702}AsymmetricBinding:
Not signed before encrypted

There should not be any encryption at all, only signing. I debugged into the
code and found the following Method in the
PolicyBasedWSS4JInInterceptor.java:

 private boolean assertAsymetricBinding(AssertionInfoMap aim,
                                           SoapMessage message,
                                           SOAPMessage doc,
                                           Protections prots,
                                           boolean derived) {
        Collection<AssertionInfo> ais =
aim.get(SP12Constants.ASYMMETRIC_BINDING);
        if (ais == null) {
            return true;
        }
        for (AssertionInfo ai : ais) {
            AsymmetricBinding abinding =
(AsymmetricBinding)ai.getAssertion();
            ai.setAsserted(true);
            if (abinding.getProtectionOrder() ==
SPConstants.ProtectionOrder.EncryptBeforeSigning) {
                if (abinding.isSignatureProtection()) {
                    if (prots != Protections.ENCRYPT_SIGN_PROTECT) {
                        ai.setNotAsserted("Not encrypted before signed and
then protected");
                    }
                } else if (prots != Protections.ENCRYPT_SIGN) {
                    ai.setNotAsserted("Not encrypted before
signed");
                }
            } else if (prots != Protections.SIGN_ENCRYPT) {
                ai.setNotAsserted("Not signed before
encrypted");
            }
            assertPolicy(aim, abinding.getInitiatorToken());
            assertPolicy(aim, abinding.getRecipientToken());
            assertPolicy(aim, abinding.getInitiatorToken().getToken(),
derived);
            assertPolicy(aim, abinding.getRecipientToken().getToken(),
derived);
        }
        return true;
    }

In this method the value of prots is ="SIGN" which is correct. But the
if-statement only checks if prots is not SIGN_ENCRYPT and then sets it to
notasserted. It might be because SPConstants.ProtectionOrder only knows
EncryptBeforeSigning and SigningBeforeEncrypt. There is nothing about only
signing, or only encrypting.

Is this an error, or do I have to configure something else?

Here is my Policy:

<wsp:Policy
    wsu:Id='Sig'
    xmlns:wsu='
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd
'
    xmlns:wsp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy"
    xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy"
    xsi:schemaLocation="
      http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy

http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/ws-securitypolicy.xsd
      http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy
      http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy/ws-policy.xsd
  ">
    <wsp:ExactlyOne>
        <wsp:All>
            <sp:AsymmetricBinding xmlns:sp='
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy'>
                <wsp:Policy>
                    <sp:InitiatorToken>
                        <wsp:Policy>
                            <sp:X509Token sp:IncludeToken='
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/IncludeToken/AlwaysToRecipient
'>
                                <wsp:Policy>
                                    <sp:WssX509V3Token10 />
                                </wsp:Policy>
                            </sp:X509Token>
                        </wsp:Policy>
                    </sp:InitiatorToken>
                    <sp:RecipientToken>
                        <wsp:Policy>
                            <sp:X509Token sp:IncludeToken='
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/IncludeToken/Always'>
                                <wsp:Policy>
                                    <sp:WssX509V3Token10 />
                                </wsp:Policy>
                            </sp:X509Token>
                        </wsp:Policy>
                    </sp:RecipientToken>
                    <sp:AlgorithmSuite>
                        <wsp:Policy>
                            <sp:Basic256 />
                        </wsp:Policy>
                    </sp:AlgorithmSuite>
                    <sp:Layout>
                        <wsp:Policy>
                            <sp:Strict />
                        </wsp:Policy>
                    </sp:Layout>
                    <sp:OnlySignEntireHeadersAndBody />
                </wsp:Policy>
            </sp:AsymmetricBinding>
            <sp:Wss10 xmlns:sp='
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy'>
                <wsp:Policy>
                    <sp:MustSupportRefEmbeddedToken />
                </wsp:Policy>
            </sp:Wss10>
            <sp:SignedParts xmlns:sp='
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy'>
                <sp:Body />
            </sp:SignedParts>
        </wsp:All>
    </wsp:ExactlyOne>
</wsp:Policy>

Thanks for any help!

--Benjamin

Re: WS-SecurityPolicy: Problem with AsymmetricBinding: Not signed before encrypted

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thu April 9 2009 3:00:59 am Benjamin Ernst wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> thanks, for your help. I logged a Jira (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-2165) for this. My Policy should
> be attached to it.

This should now be fixed.   Thanks for the policy.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: WS-SecurityPolicy: Problem with AsymmetricBinding: Not signed before encrypted

Posted by Benjamin Ernst <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--