Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by ma...@yahoo.com.au on 2016/04/19 23:40:28 UTC

phoenix.spool.directory

I am having trouble setting the "phoenix.spool.directory" (QueryServices.SPOOL_DIRECTORY) property value.  Any ideas?
https://github.com/apache/phoenix/blob/master/phoenix-core/src/main/java/org/apache/phoenix/query/QueryServices.java
https://github.com/apache/phoenix/blob/master/phoenix-core/src/main/java/org/apache/phoenix/cache/aggcache/SpillManager.java

Re: phoenix.spool.directory

Posted by ma...@yahoo.com.au.
I pretty much came to a similar conclusion, that I might have to create a hbase-site.xml and put it on my path.  I was hoping for an alternative.  Is there any other way to get this "phoenix.spool.directory" property set?
Also, do you know of the reasoning as to why this property can not be set like the other properties described in the QueryServices class?

-- A bit of background --
I am deploying a JEE application on Wildfly and I can either configure my Phoenix connections as a Wildfly managed datasource with the Phoenix client library declared as a Wildfly module, or directly in my Java code using Maven and the standard java.sql.DriverManager and java.sql.Connection sql classes.  I have had success with both options using a connection url (jdbc:phoenix:server01:/hbase-unsecure), without explicitly declaring a hbase-site.xml, core-site.xml, hdfs-site.xml etc.

      Sent: Wednesday, 20 April 2016, 2:25
 Subject: Re: phoenix.spool.directory

can you please check that hbase-site.xml(where you are setting this property) is in phoenix class path .

Re: phoenix.spool.directory

Posted by Ankit Singhal <an...@gmail.com>.