Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nate <nm...@charter.net> on 2003/01/22 22:08:58 UTC

Tomcat Out of memory

We are running Tomcat 4.0.6 on Windows 2000 server using JDK 1.4.0_01.
Tomcat is set to run as a service.  In our catalina.bat file we have set:

JAVA_OPTS= -server -Xms512m -Xmx512m

If I am not mistaken, this should start the VM in server mode, and allocate
512MB of memory for it to use.  Our application gets an out of memory error
when the vm has used about 64MB of memory, well short of what we have told
it to use.  Am I setting the JVM parameters in the right place, or is my
syntax perhaps incorrect?  When tomcat is run as a service, is the
catalina.bat startup script even called?

--Nate