Posted to commits@commons.apache.org by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org> on 2016/05/17 13:18:07 UTC

[Math] Change on branch "develop": Commons Math DeveloperBranch - Build # 16 - Failure

The Apache Jenkins build system has built Commons Math DeveloperBranch (build #16)

Check console output at https://builds.apache.org/job/Commons%20Math%20DeveloperBranch/16/ to view the results.

[Math] Change on branch "develop": Commons Math DeveloperBranch - Build # 18 - Fixed

Posted by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org>.
The Apache Jenkins build system has built Commons Math DeveloperBranch (build #18)

Check console output at https://builds.apache.org/job/Commons%20Math%20DeveloperBranch/18/ to view the results.

[Math] How to test "SecureRandom" (Was: [Math] Change on branch "develop": [...] Failing)

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hi.

On Tue, 17 May 2016 14:18:28 +0000 (UTC), Apache Jenkins Server wrote:
> The Apache Jenkins build system has built Commons Math
> DeveloperBranch (build #17)

> Check console output at
> https://builds.apache.org/job/Commons%20Math%20DeveloperBranch/17/ to
> view the results.

Caused by failing unit tests that involve "java.security.SecureRandom"
as
the source of randomness.

The tests use a _fixed_ seed, yet the output of the RNG is random.
On my machine, the "getAlgorithm()" method returns "NativePRNG"; I
guess
that it is a non-deterministic generator.

IIUC, the failure indicates that the RNG is not quite uniform (the
tests
fail much more often that the 0.01 probability reported by the
message).

Should I just delete the "RandomUtilsDataGeneratorJDKSecureRandomTest"?
Other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Gilles

[Math] Change on branch "develop": Commons Math DeveloperBranch - Build # 17 - Still Failing

Posted by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org>.
The Apache Jenkins build system has built Commons Math DeveloperBranch (build #17)

Check console output at https://builds.apache.org/job/Commons%20Math%20DeveloperBranch/17/ to view the results.