Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by "Thomas, Chad A." <ct...@iupui.edu> on 1999/01/22 19:50:02 UTC

RE: general/3724: Frequently receiving error 'Server Returned an Invalid Response' in Internet Explorer or 'Server returned no data' in N e tscape

The following reply was made to PR general/3724; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Thomas, Chad A." <ct...@iupui.edu>
To: "'Marc Slemko'" <ma...@znep.com>
Cc: "'apbugs@Apache.Org'" <ap...@apache.org>
Subject: RE: general/3724: Frequently receiving error 'Server Returned an
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 13:40:23 -0500

 > Are you using mod_perl or not?  Your original message indicated you were,
 > but it isn't here...

 That list was from an incorrect Configuration file.
 Look at http://atlantis.uits.iupui.edu/server-info

 > Please try 1.3.4 with only distributed modules.

 mod_perl is the only no-distributed module I am using.
 I am compiling 1.3.4 right now.

 > Are you absolutely sure it still happens if you use mod_auth (ie.
 > AuthUserFile) for authentication?

 Yes.

 > Are you sure there are no proxy servers, etc. between your clients and the
 > server?

 Yes.