Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2014/09/13 21:25:47 UTC

Release javadoc-plugin

Hi

Maven Javadoc Plugin is one of our components that currently does not
work with Java 8. I have had a look at the issues in JIRA [1] and
there is now only one unresolved issue scheduled for 2.10:
MJAVADOC-393 [2]. As I have indicated in the issue I would like to
close it as "Won't fix", but I would like others opinion first.

Once that issue has been settled I would like to start the release
process. So if someone has other issues they would like to fix for
this release, now would be a good time to do it.

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&jqlQuery=project+%3D+MJAVADOC+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%222.10%22
[2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-393

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Release javadoc-plugin

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,

yes I think if the fix is in a version specific handling, then it
should not be applied. (If the fix would be to always keep the slash
or not to alter the given link, then I would say add it).

BTW: wondering if lastIndexOf is really needed, in this context it can
only be the last char, and therefore link.length-1 would do. This is
true for both versions.

Gruss
Bernd

Re: Release javadoc-plugin

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

 > +1 for closing as won't fix. It was confirmed to be a JDK issue and they
> fixed it.

+1 from me too...for closing as won't fix.

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz

Re: Release javadoc-plugin

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.