Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by John Bishop - alternative IT <jb...@alternativeit.com.au> on 2003/07/16 09:58:56 UTC

Bayes in James....?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to implement some of the bayes stuff from
http://portale.praxis.it/pub/james/readme.htm into James today, without
much success. Running in a Wintel environment, where abouts do you need
to place the it.praxis.james.jar for James to be able to see the classes
within? (Hope that makes sense. I'm a pretty well educated IT guy, but
Java is *not* something I know at all well) I've tried putting copies of
it into varies directories within the James install, to know avail...

Currently James returns this error when starting, after I've added
references to the bayes classes within the config.xml file....

James 2.2.0a7
Unable to init mailet JDBCBayesianAnalysisFeeder Check spool manager
logs for more details. org.apache.mailet.MailetException: Could not load
mailet (JDBCBayesianAnalysisFeeder);

Would appreciate any advice. Also, if this *isn't* the preferred way to
implement bayes filtering, I'd appreciate you pointing me in the right
direction...

Many thanks,

John :)

RE: Bayes in James....?

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
If you're still having problems send us the spoolmanager log file, or the
relevant part, you can turn debugging on in one of the config files in
SAR-INF/

RE: Bayes in James....?

Posted by John Bishop - alternative IT <jb...@alternativeit.com.au>.
Thanks for the advice Vincenzo, I've not done this. Will give it a go
tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Cheers mate!
John :)

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.