Posted to jcp-open@apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2009/03/11 14:37:11 UTC

servletapi

I've got a sun-license Q. related to servletapi.jar. Is the one that
tomcat &c distributed released under an apache license, or do we pick up
the jar from some JCP with some random Sun license?

Re: servletapi

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Mar 11, 2009, at 8:23 AM, Filip at Apache wrote:

> Steve Loughran wrote:
>> I've got a sun-license Q. related to servletapi.jar. Is the one
>> that tomcat &c distributed released under an apache license, or do
>> we pick up the jar from some JCP with some random Sun license?
>>
> the servlet api jar file that comes with Tomcat is licensed under AL
> 2.0

And the geronimo servlet api jars are based on the tomcat one.  We
carefully checked their provenance and it is fine.

david jencks

Re: servletapi

Posted by Filip at Apache <fh...@apache.org>.

Re: servletapi

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Steve,
>
> there's one in Geronimo that was done from scratch under Apache license.
>
> -- dims
>
> On 03/11/2009 09:37 AM, Steve Loughran wrote:
>> I've got a sun-license Q. related to servletapi.jar. Is the one that
>> tomcat &c distributed released under an apache license, or do we pick up
>> the jar from some JCP with some random Sun license?

thanks -that's the one I'll pick up

Re: servletapi

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Steve,