Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Yung Kwong Wing <yu...@netvigator.com> on 2001/01/02 18:12:21 UTC

LWP and HTML::HeadParser....failed

Hi ,

I was trying to install mod_perl, but I ended up with 'LWP agent not
found" errors and an "HTML:HeadParser....failed".  As shown in my homepage
below:

"http://home.netvigator.com/~yungp/my_perl.html"

Some of the helpful feedbacks from users of this mailing list say that I
should install Apache 1.3.14.

However, I have tried to install the LWP instead of installing
Apache1.3.14, but I have met with no success as shown below:

"[thekid@visors thekid]# perl -MCPAN -install LWP
Can't open perl script "LWP": No such file or directory"

I am currently using Apache 1.3.6.  If I were to upgrade to 1.3.14, should
i delete Apache 1.3.6?  Just out of curiousity, how do I uninstall 1.3.14.
I am normally a MS Windows user, so I am pretty new at this.

If anyone can provide feedback, it would be helpful.
Thanks.

Peter

Re: LWP and HTML::HeadParser....failed

Posted by John K Sterling <st...@covalent.net>.
Yung Kwong Wing wrote:

> "[thekid@visors thekid]# perl -MCPAN -install LWP
> Can't open perl script "LWP": No such file or directory"

try:
    perl -MCPAN -e 'install "LWP"'

sterling