Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by homer84 <er...@hotmail.com> on 2009/07/28 14:24:06 UTC

webservice with cxf, spring, hibernate: Application has thrown exception

Hi everybody!
I'm trying to develop a webservice to extract a list of countries from a
database. as for now, the concerned service return a string with all the
countries it finds in the db.
Everything is working fine (ado, ado hibernate implementation, service and
service implementation)... I know it works because I wrote a simple App
class to test it and I get the string.
The problem is with the webservice: I've been trying it with soapUI3.0 and I
only get this error (without much details):

org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain doIntercept INFO: Application has
thrown exception, unwinding now org/hibernate/Session

I read a lot on the web and I think it is caused by some multidependent
jaxws-api. Is that correct?
if yes, below you see my pom.xml file... can you tell me how to edit it to
make everything work?
if not, what could it be?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <groupId>ch.orange.rps_ws</groupId>
    <artifactId>rps_ws</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <packaging>war</packaging>
    <name>RPS WS</name>
    <dependencies>
    	 <!--  load cglib without dependencies -->
         <dependency>
          	<groupId>cglib</groupId>
           	<artifactId>cglib-nodep</artifactId>
           	<version>2.1_3</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
            <artifactId>cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws</artifactId>
            <version>2.1.4</version>
            <exclusions>

            	 <!-- exclude spring because it's 2.0 and will use 2.5.6
(later) -->
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                    <artifactId>spring-beans</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                    <artifactId>spring-context</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                    <artifactId>spring-core</artifactId>
                </exclusion>

                 <!-- exclude cglib because creates conflicts with cxf -->
				<exclusion>
					<groupId>cglib</groupId>
					<artifactId>cglib</artifactId>
				</exclusion>
            </exclusions>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
            <artifactId>cxf-rt-transports-http</artifactId>
            <version>2.1.4</version>
            <exclusions>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                    <artifactId>spring-web</artifactId>
                </exclusion>

                <!-- exclude cglib because creates conflicts with cxf -->
                <exclusion>
					<groupId>cglib</groupId>
					<artifactId>cglib</artifactId>
				</exclusion>
            </exclusions>
        </dependency>
        <!-- jaxws-api 2.0 because of incompatibility with web service -->
        <dependency>
            <groupId>javax.xml.ws</groupId>
            <artifactId>jaxws-api</artifactId>
            <version>2.0</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
            <artifactId>spring</artifactId>
            <version>2.5.6</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>junit</groupId>
            <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
            <version>4.1</version>
        </dependency>
        <!--  hibernate -->
        <dependency>
	      <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
	      <artifactId>hibernate</artifactId>
	      <version>3.2.4.ga</version>
	      <scope>test</scope>
	      <exclusions>
	      <!-- exclude cglib because creates conflicts with cxf -->
                <exclusion>
					<groupId>cglib</groupId>
					<artifactId>cglib</artifactId>
				</exclusion>
            </exclusions>
	    </dependency>

	    <!--  database / mysql temp -->
	    <dependency>
	    	<groupId>mysql</groupId>
			<artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
			<version>5.1.6</version>
			<scope>test</scope>
		</dependency>
    </dependencies>

    <build>
        <pluginManagement>
            <plugins>

                <plugin>
                    <configuration>
                        <source>1.5</source>
                        <target>1.5</target>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>
                <plugin>
                    <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
                    <configuration>

<projectNameTemplate>[artifactId]-[version]</projectNameTemplate>
                        <wtpmanifest>true</wtpmanifest>
                        <wtpapplicationxml>true</wtpapplicationxml>
                        <wtpversion>2.0</wtpversion>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>
            </plugins>
        </pluginManagement>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <version>2.0.2</version>
                <configuration>
                    <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.2</version>
                <configuration>
                    <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>
</project>

cheers
Homer84

Re: webservice with cxf, spring, hibernate: Application has thrown exception

Posted by homer84 <er...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Andrew!
thanks for answering. I will digg deeper and see what can I find in the
logs.
about the multiple times posting.. sorry for that... I thought it wasn't
working and clicked 2-3 times!
cheers
homer

Posted by Andrew Clegg <an...@nervechannel.com>.