Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/10 00:51:28 UTC

whimsy-test is up and running

Everything seems to be displaying OK.
I have only tested updating my members.txt entry, and validating an ICLA
sig.

It should be safe enough to make changes that just involve LDAP.
Updates that involve files in SVN I assume should be OK too.

I have not synched the local data, so functions that change it should be
avoided.
For example, most Secretary functions update the local data.

I think the next stage is double-checking what local data needs to be
synched, and how to do the actual changeover without losing changes to
local data.

Sebb.

Re: whimsy-test is up and running

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Note that I did not actually do any manual setup, apart from requesting the
SSL certificate.
The rest is done by Puppet.

I don't know how to set up a new VM with Puppet to get started, but I
assume that Infra take care of that.

There's still some work to be done on synchronising local data.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.