Posted to user@flink.apache.org by JaxonTheGamer AndCooker <ho...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/26 15:18:20 UTC

Question regarding refreshing KafkaConsumer in FlinkKafkaConnector

Hi Flink support,

I'm trying to use FlinkKafkaConnector010 to do the streaming from
KafkaBroker Sasl. Currently, I got problem with Token refreshing every
24hours that's why I want restart the KafkaConsumer every 24hours.

Since KafkaConsumer is wrapped by FlinkKafkaConnector010, I'm trying to
re-new FlinkKafkaConnector010 every 24h. However, since the Flink job is
already submitted the re-new FlinkKfakaConnector010 is not taking effected
to the current running Flink job. Could you please let me know if there is
any feature to do a scheduler to restart Flink job? Or you have any idea to
have it work in my case?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Le Hoang

Le Hoang Nguyen
Email: hoangnguyen0781@gmail.com
Cell Phone: 312-480-0568
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/le-hoang-nguyen

Re: Question regarding refreshing KafkaConsumer in FlinkKafkaConnector

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
Hi,

AFAIK, there is no built-in feature for scheduling / orchestrating
submission of Flink jobs.
However, you should be able to easily use tools like cron jobs to do that.
It should work by just taking a savepoint of your running job, and then
resuming for that, and you do this periodically.

Cheers,
Gordon