Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/31 19:22:21 UTC

collecting spam(maybe offtopic)

  Hello!
  It may be a strange request, but i need to collect spam for a research
project about the way spammers attack and the way they bypass the
antispam filters.
  Obviously, for this project i need to collect spam in different ways
and on different types. Also, my project can be concludent only if the
spam that i analyze is new and variate.
  So, i wold like to request your help about the way i can collect spam.
I tried to post with this address on many Usenet groups and many mailing
lists but the results was not so good. Also, i can't abuse to post on
that mailing list because it's not nice to make "noise" on mailing list
were people really need help.

     If you can tell me ways about how to make this address spammed i
will really appreciated.

Thanks in Advice,

--
Michael
michael.f123@gmail.com

P.S.: Please excuse my english. I'm not a native speaker
P.S.2: I know my post is offtopic, but i hope that people that develop
and use spamassassin will understand my request.

Re: collecting spam(maybe offtopic)

Posted by "Gary D. Margiotta" <ga...@tbe.net>.
> Hello!
> It may be a strange request, but i need to collect spam for a research
> project about the way spammers attack and the way they bypass the antispam
> filters.
> Obviously, for this project i need to collect spam in different ways and on
> different types. Also, my project can be concludent only if the spam that i
> analyze is new and variate.
> So, i wold like to request your help about the way i can collect spam. I
> tried to post with this address on many Usenet groups and many mailing lists
> but the results was not so good. Also, i can't abuse to post on that mailing
> list because it's not nice to make "noise" on mailing list were people really
> need help.
>
>    If you can tell me ways about how to make this address spammed i will
> really appreciated.

Just post in public forums, and sign up for all sorts of marketing
materials or free promo accounts, and you'll get plenty.

In addition, I keep a nightly digest of all the spam we process if you'd
like a copy.  We're up to over 7,000 spam messages per day on these
accouns, roughly 3GB of gzip'd mbox-format mailboxes since March when we
moved to the current servers.

-Gary

Posted by David Cary Hart <Da...@TQMcube.com>.
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 20:22:21 +0300, Michael <mi...@gmail.com>
opined:
>   Hello!
>   It may be a strange request, but i need to collect spam for a
> research project about the way spammers attack and the way they
> bypass the antispam filters.

We have a very comprehensive database - about two years of envelope
data. Is there anything I can do to help?

--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com
               Don't Subsidize Criminals: http://boulderpledge.org

Re: collecting spam(maybe offtopic)

Posted by Maurice Lucas <ms...@taos-it.nl>.
On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 20:22 +0300, Michael wrote:
>   Hello!
>   It may be a strange request, but i need to collect spam for a research
> project about the way spammers attack and the way they bypass the
> antispam filters.
>   Obviously, for this project i need to collect spam in different ways
> and on different types. Also, my project can be concludent only if the
> spam that i analyze is new and variate.
>   So, i wold like to request your help about the way i can collect spam.
> I tried to post with this address on many Usenet groups and many mailing
> lists but the results was not so good. Also, i can't abuse to post on
> that mailing list because it's not nice to make "noise" on mailing list
> were people really need help.
>
>      If you can tell me ways about how to make this address spammed i
> will really appreciated.

also check
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2005/11/spamharvest.pdf

With kind regards,