Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by komadich <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/14 11:44:03 UTC

2.1-incubator not found

Hello!

The version 2.1-incubator is not found on any Maven repository. I see 2.1 is
not totally equal to 2.1-incubator. So where can I find 2.1-incubator?

Thanks,
komadich

Re: 2.1-incubator not found

Posted by Ian Roberts <i....@dcs.shef.ac.uk>.
komadich wrote:
> The MANIFES.MF in the cxf-api has this line:
> Implementation-Version: 2.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT

SNAPSHOT means a pre-release version.  CXF graduated to a top level
project before the 2.1 release, so 2.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT became
2.1-SNAPSHOT, which then moved to 2.1 when it was released.  There was
never a 2.1-incubator release (without the SNAPSHOT tag).

>> I thought I need it because if I switch from 2.1-incubator to 2.1 i get
>> the ASM version problems... How could I find out which version it REALLY
>> is?

The usual problem with ASM versions is that CXF requires ASM 2 or 3,
whereas cglib (used by hibernate and Spring AOP, among others) requires
ASM 1.  The workaround is to use the cglib-nodep jar instead of the
plain cglib one - this contains an internal copy of ASM 1 in a different
namespace, so you can then have ASM 2 or 3 on the classpath for CXF
without conflicts.  Somebody who knows more Maven than me will be able
to tell you the magic incantation to get the right dependencies.

Ian

--
Ian Roberts               | Department of Computer Science
i.roberts@dcs.shef.ac.uk  | University of Sheffield, UK

Re: 2.1-incubator not found

Posted by komadich <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.1-incubator not found