Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com> on 2009/03/09 17:57:06 UTC

Discrepancies: C++ Messaging API, Python Messaging API

I created a page for discrepancies between the C++ and Python APIs.

C++ vs. Python API Discrepancies
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=112090

Feel free to correct, modify, add new discrepancies that I missed. I'd
like to have an IRC (if everyone attending can IRC) or PartyChat meeting
(otherwise) on Wednesday for people interested in getting rid of
arbitrary discrepancies between the two languages. Who is interested,
and at what time?

Jonathan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Reminder: C++ Messaging API, Python Messaging API at UTC 14:00, EST 10:00, freenode #qpid

Posted by Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com>.
We'll be meeting on Freenode, on the #qpid channel, to discuss aligning
the C++ and Python APIs. (If one person says they want Partychat
instead, we'll do that instead)

Here's a document we will discuss:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=112090

Any decision will be put into a proposal to be sent to the list.

Jonathan

Re: Discrepancies: C++ Messaging API, Python Messaging API

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Jonathan Robie
<jo...@redhat.com> wrote:

> We'll meet UTCWednesday, March 11, 2009 at 14:00:00.

> If everyone who attends can use IRC, we'll use the #qpid channel on
> FreeNode. If at least one person who wants to attend can't use IRC, we'll
> use PartyChat.
>
> Any decisions will be written up as a proposal and sent to the lsit for
> approval before anyone starts changing the code.

Did this take place? What was the outcome?

- Aidan
http://qpid.apache.org

Posted by Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com>.
OK, I think that's a good guidline.

I've posted  a link to the discrepancies I see, with suggestions for
fixing. I encourage others to comment on that Wiki, or here on the
mailing list.

We'll meet UTCWednesday, March 11, 2009 at 14:00:00.

That's 10:00 EDT, or use
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?month=3&day=11&year=2009&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=207&p2=0
to convert for your time zone.

If everyone who attends can use IRC, we'll use the #qpid channel on
FreeNode. If at least one person who wants to attend can't use IRC,
we'll use PartyChat.

Any decisions will be written up as a proposal and sent to the lsit for
approval before anyone starts changing the code.

OK?

Jonathan

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.

<jo...@redhat.com> wrote:
> I certainly agree that any proposed changes should be sent to the mailing
> list before changing code. And I'll be paying attention to any responses
> here on the list.
>
> If I understand Rajith, he suggests that having a meeting is bad, even if
> the result of the meeting is to create a proposal to be reviewed on list.
> Rajith - do I misunderstand your intent? All - is a meeting to create a
> proposal for aligning these APIs a good idea, or should it all be done
> on-list?
>
> Jonathan
>
> Rajith Attapattu wrote:
>>
>> I also agree that a discussion on dev and user lists on $subject is a good
>> idea.
>> Synchronous communication is generally frowned upon by the ASF.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rajith

>>> Please discuss on this list (and probably the user list) before actually
>>> making any API changes.

>>> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org
>>> Use/Interact: mailto:dev-subscribe@qpid.apache.org

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org