Posted to user@poi.apache.org by ma...@usal.es on 2006/05/09 13:52:16 UTC

Problems extracting text from PowerPoint Documents

Hi all!

I'm Newbie with POI. I want a basic text extraxtion from PowerPoint
documents. I've got:

scratchpad JAR, poi-3.0-alpha1-20051025.jar
poi-contrib-3.0-alpha1-20051025.jar

and I tried with a code like this:

    String text = new String();
    String fileName  = new String("C:\\Poifs\\PowerPointDocument.pps");

    PowerPointExtractor ppe = new PowerPointExtractor(fileName);
    text = ppe.getText();

But i get this message:"org/apache/poi/hpsf/WritingNotSupportedException"

Can anyone Help me?? Thank's a lot. Manu

Re: Problems extracting text from PowerPoint Documents

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Tue, 9 May 2006, manumohedano@usal.es wrote:
> But i get this message:"org/apache/poi/hpsf/WritingNotSupportedException"

Somewhere, you're using an old (2.5) version of the core poi jar file.
Make sure you don't have any 2.5 versions on your classpath - only 3.0
alpha ones.

You should also try a newer scratchpad jar than you have. There have been
fixes since 2005-10

Nick