Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Earl Woodman <ew...@iona.com> on 2007/04/18 20:19:58 UTC

Xalan 1.7 on VC8

Hi folks,

I am trying to build XalanC 1.7 with Visual Studio 2005 (VC++8). With
wchar_t set as a native type, I get quite a few compile errors. I'm
working through them, but so far it seems almost exclusively to be
related to wide char/unicode stuff.

I had a look at the patch for 1.10+ for VC8, and there seems to be a lot
of changes there, many of which I don't understand the motivation for.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for porting 1.7 to VC8? It
doesn't seem quite as involved as that patch so I'm starting to wonder
what I'm doing wrong!

Thanks,
Earl

Re: Xalan 1.7 on VC8

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Earl Woodman wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am trying to build XalanC 1.7 with Visual Studio 2005 (VC++8). With
> wchar_t set as a native type, I get quite a few compile errors. I'm
> working through them, but so far it seems almost exclusively to be
> related to wide char/unicode stuff.

What version of Xerces-C did you decide to port?  Xalan-C 1.7 was built
with Xerces-C 2.4, so you may have problems if you've chosen a different
version of Xerces-C.  You will have a much greater chance for success if
you disable the feature that makes wchar_t a built-in type.

> I had a look at the patch for 1.10+ for VC8, and there seems to be a lot
> of changes there, many of which I don't understand the motivation for.
> Can anyone point me in the right direction for porting 1.7 to VC8? It
> doesn't seem quite as involved as that patch so I'm starting to wonder
> what I'm doing wrong!

Probably, but you haven't provided enough information for anyone to even
guess what the problems are.

Dave

Re: Xalan 1.7 on VC8

Posted by Dmitry Hayes <dm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi!
Try to add this change, it should resolve wide char / unicode differences
:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/c/trunk/src/xalanc/Include/PlatformDefinitions.hpp?r1=342349&r2=347958&pathrev=347958&diff_format=h

Thanks!
Dmitry