Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Disha <di...@openskysoftware.com> on 2003/03/03 23:05:43 UTC

incoming mail from remote server regarded as spam

I am trying to configure my web-mail application to route incoming
messages from remote server to reach the inbox.
The host address is the ip of the firewall which redirects incoming
mails to the local machine running james.
The problem is that the incoming mail directly gets written to the
deadletter table as spam.
In my config.xml file I have all mailets that take care of classifying
messages as spam commented out. Also I found out that the mail does not
even reach the root processor and directly gets written as spam after
reaching the spool.
I figure there is some configuration problem taking place in getting
james to recognize the mail. I can send messages out to a remote address
without any problems. Also if I send messages from the localhost to
localhost it works all fine.
I will greatly appreciate if someone can help me with this problem. I
would like to know where and on what criteria does James classify a
message as spam before reaching the root processor.

Thanks,
Disha

--
Disha <di...@openskysoftware.com>

RE: incoming mail from remote server regarded as spam

Posted by Disha <di...@openskysoftware.com>.
It turns out that I needed localhost as one of my servernames.
 <servername>localhost</servername>

I initially had the actual host name of my local machine as the server
name.
<servername>myserver.mydomain.com</servername>
turns out this did not work.

Posted by Disha <di...@openskysoftware.com>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by Disha <di...@openskysoftware.com>.
I notice in the spool-manager log that when the mail comes to the
transport processor it does not match the RecipientIsLocal matcher and
hence instead of getting processed by LocalDelivery mailet, it gets
processed by RemoteDelivery mailet. It tries to do this a number of
times.
All incoming mails that are addressed to the host ip should go thru the
LocalDelivery Mailet, right?
And all outgoing mail will be processed by remoteDelivery mailet?
If I have understood this correct all incoming mails that point to the
servername in the config file should be matched by the RecipientIsLocal
matcher and processed by LocalDelivery mailet. This is not the case
though.
Can anyone please guide me here. I am quite confused.
Thank you,
Disha

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Change the appropriate entry in SAR-INF/environment.xml from INFO to DEBUG.

	--- Noel

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 16:48, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > The problem is that the incoming mail directly gets written to the
> > deadletter table as spam.
>
> Turn on DEBUG for the spool manager log, and see which mailet is
responsible
> for assigning it as spam.

And how would I do that?

Posted by Disha <di...@openskysoftware.com>.
On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 16:48, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > The problem is that the incoming mail directly gets written to the
> > deadletter table as spam.
>
> Turn on DEBUG for the spool manager log, and see which mailet is responsible
> for assigning it as spam.

And how would I do that?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.